RFID STOCK TAKING
Product Code : 0080
Brand Name : Retail POS
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) uses radio waves for communication between a tag (data carrier or RF transponder) and a RFID Reader. The tag usually consists of a microchip attached to an antenna. The reader is usually capable of reading data from and writing data to the tag.
Using RFID tagging for stock control offers several advantages
- Item Search : tags can be read remotely, often at a distance of several metres, even missing items are easily located
- several tags can be read at once, enabling an entire pallet-load of products to be checked simultaneously
- tags can be given unique identification codes, so that individual products can be tracked
- certain types of tag can be overwritten, enabling information about items to be updated, e.g. when they are moved from one part of a factory to another
- Days Saved: Without RFID, Stock taking usually requires closure of establishment for a day or two.